How to get a notarization with LiveNotary (for customers)
- Enter https://livenotary.com into your browser, you will land on the LiveNotary Homepage
- Open the “Products” dropdown, then select to “Notarize a Document”
- Select “Notarize Document Now” button
- Register to create your account, or you can login with your Google account
- Once you are logged into your LiveNotary account, you can upload your document by selecting the “Upload Your Document” button. This is also where your documents would be stored prior to signing.
- On the next page, select the “Upload Document” Button
- Select your documents for upload by drag and drop, or finding the file in your computer’s library. NOTE: FILES MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT TO UPLOAD
- Once you have selected your file or files, you can select the “Upload” button.
- Confirm that you’ve uploaded the correct file, then select the “Continue to Document” button. You will see a message that says “File Uploaded Successfully” at the top of your browser as you’re redirected to your file. At this point you can review your file and edit if necessary.
- At this point you can review your file and edit if necessary. When you are satisfied with your document, select the “Ready to Notarize” button.
- You will be asked if you are the only signer of the document, or if the document requires multiple signers
If you need to add additional signers, select that button and provide the requested information
- If you are the only signer, you will be redirected to the Identity Verification Page, enter the required information to continue. You will be asked a series of questions associated with past addresses, associates, etc. to verify your identity. Note: this information is linked to your social security number, the information you provide us is kept strictly secure)
- Once your identify is verified, you will be asked to check your camera before continuing. Make sure you know how to allow our camera through your specific computers settings. Then select the “Next” button.
- The next screen will verify your internet connection. It should read “Your Connection is Fine” and allow you to select the “Continue” button.
- Once you’ve verified your camera and internet, you will be asked to verify your identity by proviing a photo of valid identification. Select the form of identification you are using and select the “Proceed” button.
- Hold your identification up to the camera so that it can be read and reviewed, and select “Capture Image”. You will be asked to capture and image of both the front and back of your identification, then verify both images. If the images are satisfactory, select the “Verify” button.
- You will then be redirected to the identify confirmation verification screen. Select the “Continue” button to be connected with your notary.
- You will be connected with your notary, who will walk you through the official notarization process. They will upload your electronically signed document for your use.
Congratulations! You’ve completed your first notarization with LiveNotary!